Yes, even in Hawaii, that tropical paradise, our family courts still have a long way to go. Fortunately, there are also good people there who are aware of the challenges facing protective parents and those good people are willing and able to help! This is from the AngelGroup website:
What is AngelGroup?
An umbrella organization for individuals or any group/organization that calls for accountability in Hawaii’s judiciary, social services and support services. AngelGroup provides information and resources to people navigating the legal and social system(s); supporting you as you’re called to deal with critical legal issues regarding divorce, child custody cases, domestic violence, etc. AngelGroup has heard far too many instances of legal incompetence and corruption throughout Hawaii’s family court system and the departments for social services. We are working to expose and correct these rampant abuses, including:
- Judges who legislate from the bench and pick a side, ignore the evidence and clear the docket
- Attorneys who fail to represent their clients for fear of judicial reprisal or in violation of ethics
- Child Welfare workers who legislate custody; refuse to recognize best interest of child(ren), and cover liability by issuing and/or supporting false blame
- Failure of Office of Disciplinary Counsel to hold attorneys accountable for violations of ethics, or investigate substantiated claims
- Failure of Commission on Judicial Conduct to investigate substantiated claims of Canon violations
- Failure of Office of the Attorney General to prosecute substantiated violations in Family Court, possibly to gain political advantage
Our goal, at this point in time, is to assist families and individuals who are having a difficult time navigating the legal and social systems, here in Hawaii.
Statewide, our system is known to be one of the most corrupt and you may be experiencing issues such as:
- Your attorney doesn’t do anything to help your case
- Your attorney yells at you and calls you names
- Your judge ignores evidence and disregards the law
- Social Services is drawing wrong conclusions and harming your child
- Office of Disciplinary Counsel doesn’t sanction lawyers who are in violation of ethics
- Commission on Judicial Conduct will not investigate violations of Canons
- Rights to “Due Process” are violated
- You can’t afford legal counsel
- You’re afraid and don’t know where to turn for help
AngelGroup is spearheaded by people who’ve experienced or observed the corruption in Hawaii’s legal system and social services. We don’t advocate whining about your current situation. We advocate consistent, proactive and pragmatic action, with avoidance of as many pitfalls as possible. What we’re resolved to do is change the legal landscape, achieving long-term change and potential correction for individual cases. This will result in fewer families and children being harmed.