More great news from the California Protective Parents Association…
1. The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence (NCADV) conference is in Anaheim, CA the end of July and beginning of august 2010. http://www.ncadv.org
NCADV gets it – they are presenting an entire track on family court!
On Monday, August 2 the Plenary Session is on Child Custody and Domestic Violence:
FROM DISGRUNTLED LITIGANTS TO THE CANARIES OF THE CUSTODY COURT SYSTEM:
Protective Mothers Were Right-They Are Being Mistreated by the Courts
Opening remarks from Ms. Joye E. Frost, Director, Office for Victims of Crime.
The new book, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, ABUSE and CHILD CUSTODY establishes that the routine use of outdated and discredited practices has resulted in thousands of children being sent to live with abusers. The research is now readily available to challenge and prevent the common mistakes that so often harm children. The success of the abuser tactic seeking custody to maintain control over their victims and failure of the courts to recognize this tactic undermine the work of our movement and have led to an increase in domestic violence homicides after many years of declines. Mo Therese Hannah will discuss the research available to help protective mothers. Judge Mike Brigner will explain how judges are getting it wrong so often. Garland Waller exposes the failure of the media to report this scandal. You will want to stay until the end because Barry Goldstein will explain how to use this information in your home communities as we use the research in the book to reform the broken custody court system, prevent the unfair attacks on protective mothers and make sure no child has to cry herself to sleep because a court separated her from her safe, courageous, protective mother.
On Tuesday August 3 CA Protective Parents Association and Center for Judicial Excellence will present a workshop titled “Action: Let’s Roll” from 10:15 to noon.
2. Kathie Justi, a wonderful protective mom who was instrumental in bringing down a judge and changing the culture of the Santa Clara California family court to better protect battered women and children, is interested in compiling testimonials about your journey through this ordeal. Let me know if you would like her contact information. Her vision: “Many mothers have lost custody, some regained their child(ren), some didn’t until they were 18, and able to try to establish a relationship. Many mothers have written their custody story, but this is about you! Not about your dear children. This story is about your own journey, your struggles, your successes, your triumphs, your losses. Coping, not coping. You didn’t give up, because you are here now.”
3. New resource: Safe Child International: http://www.causes.com/causes/497298?m=71bb3202&recruiter_id=84515530.
4. Sexual Sabotage by Judith Reisman, PhD http://wndbooks.wnd.com/sexual-sabotage-how-one-mad-scientist-unleashed-a-plague-of-corruption-and-contagion-on-america/
A new book about Alfred Kinsey’s early junk science that underlies the current junk science that encourages sex offenders to get custody of their victims.
5. September 12-15, 2010. The International Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT) Conference is being held in San Diego http://www.ivatcenters.org/ There is an excellent training from September 10-12 by Child Abuse Solutions www.childabusesolutions.com in the Affiliated Training section which is designed for evaluators and other court related professionals.
6. Keep Friday October 1, 2010 open for another exciting demonstration at the White House with a parade to the U.S. Dept of Justice and the U.S. Senate!