Also from California, we’d like to include the following
suggestion from the Center for Judicial Excellence.
It really is all about the law. Making laws that will protect
abused children in family courts and making sure that our
courts protect us with the existing laws.
It’s also about education. Most people don’t know what our family courts
do with child abuse cases.
Please contact your legislators and ask them to support an
audit of the family courts in your state. Thank you!
|It is critically important that each and every one of us contact our elected officials and urge them to make family court reform a priority. These are the people who can bring about the reform we need, and it is important that they understand how our current system is harming children. Click on the link below to find your state and federal elected officials in your zip code, and then call/email their office to urge them to take action.Instructions:
1) When you click on the link below, you will be taken to a webpage where you will be asked to enter your zip code to look up the elected officials in your area.
2) After you enter your zip code, hit “GO” and you will be taken to a page where all of the state and federal elected officials in your area will be listed.
3) Click on the legislator you want to contact. This will take you to the legislator’s info page
4) On the legislator’s info page, select the “Contact” tab and the contact info for that legislator will appear.
5) Call and email your legislator and urge them to take action.http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/